Friday, October 2, 2009

So Why?

So why do we travel so much. I mean around 25 trips in 36 months is way too much ,Don't you think so?
Well you see, we both are doctors( me and shaleen ,I mean). He is in the ICU - criticare, where he hardly gets to treat conscious patients. They usually are in a pretty bad shape fighting for survival.Me- well I can't feed much details except that I work in a government run institute, and shoulder great responsibility, answerable to the NHRC, the government, legal bodies, media, and last not least GOD! If you get the idea, then fine or ...you have to just keep guessing,.So the result is that we are in pretty much stress. He always fighting the MAN with THE HOE, sometimes successful sometimes not so...It takes a toll. No matter how mechanised and cynically you start viewing things, one needs a break. In my set up, its pretty basic with no hi fi hi tech set up unlike his,but we have a diktat. Avoid death inside the institute premises at any costs. So if someone gets too sick we have to set our ass on fire and its a run or race for who can make it first, the patient to the referral hospital 15 minutes away or the LEVELLER to the patient past us! After 2 months we start craving for a break even if it is just for a night. Another factor is that Delhi is flat like a pancake( no offense meant, otherwise its green has monuments and all) but we both are nature persons and so start missing the greens of the mountains of Uttaranchal and Himachal.That are the reasons for our frequent trips to the Mountains. Those beautiful breathtaking serene mountains!
I wanted to take a break from trip reports so I wrote about it. My next post will be about role of music in our trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment