Sunday, October 4, 2009

Music and long drives


Salaam Namaste! .Well that's the most my brain can register at the moment after a hectic 12 hrs duty!. But the blog needs uploading seriously. So am here groggy eyed! Sleepy! God! I just hope people don't think I do drugs!
Coming back to our topic- that is the importance of music during long drives. At least for the Bhatnagar family its quite important. In fact in the pre journey preparation it occupies one of the top three position- Arranging the music! Yup arranging the music. No I don't have a recording studio and nor am I a composer, but we do have these thing about fixing the music in somewhat neat folders. Yeah! I know why should we complicate a thing as simple as just buying or borrowing or simply downloading them. See let me explain. Suppose in one of your long drives it starts to rain and what would you like to hear at that time most? Obviously not Here Comes The Sun but something romantic and soft like Rimjhim gire sawan. At least I would straight away lunge for it. But But! Wouldn't it be annoying to search frantically for it in the heaps of Cd's or the play list of a CD? So I simply made folders of all conceivable situations like Rain. Night, Funky etc etc and sorted songs relevant to the situation. Like? Like- Tip tip barsa paani, Barso Megha, Garaz baras sawan ghire aao of the movie Paap! In fact whenever that song is played Shaleen starts thinking himself to be John Abraham driving through Ladakh. How concieted of him!

I have Fiza- a folder to exult the beauty of nature which has songs like Kabul Fiza and Aisa shama na hota by Lataji!



Another folder- night- which has night songs like Aaj ki raat, Raat ki humsafar etc. And also a romantic folder and funky. In fact I am prepared for almost anything. I mean good things. Now,Of course Don't think about accidents. loose motions, puncture- no need to act smart OK?
So that's it. Once when I saw some paddy fields and farmland, I realised I don't have anything to go with it. I am yet to compile a folder for it. Any ideas?


6 comments:

  1. Mere desh ki dharati...kinda songs u can have for farmlands etc.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Mandeep you must be kidding! Of course you couldn't be serious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Waded my way here through Indiblogger. Neat idea of arranging songs for Rain, Sunshine, etc. I always love listening to music on long drives! Here is an idea for paddy fields/farmlands
    Hariyaali aur Raastha: Song 'Bol mere taqdeer mein kya hain....'
    'Yeh Hariyaali Aur Raastha'

    Let me know if you were thinking on these lines.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i know exactly what you mean. i find i suffer from this rather ocd-ish behaivour too. i have a playlist for every single mood im in on my ipod. and obviously theres a 'sleep' playlist too. :)

    enjoyed reading your blog! will be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI san, eks. Good to see fellow bloggers who think on the same lines. Please do visit. though I don't know when I wil get the time to update again

    ReplyDelete