Thursday, September 24, 2009

AULI & GOA - What I Learned


So coming back after another trip from Ranikhet and Binsar rejuvenated...But no no no! This post isn't about it , rather its about What I Learned From My Auli And Goa Trip.Its rather my twisted views regarding the moral of the story...I guess.
AULI-- First of all- Never visit Auli or for that matter Uttarakhand in Holi unless you are as rich as the Ambanis or have a morbid desire to distribute your wealth without any scrupples among all and sundry.( If that is the case, then do inform me. I would like to queue up too.Ha Ha Ha !). I am not sure about the other festivities but didn't take a chance this Dussehra and readjusted my plans
Secondly- About the accomodation. About the GMVN tourist resthouses. Positive about them, is that they have a very wide network. You are sure to find even at the remotest places their TRH. Their net reservation facility is also very efficient. But the negative thing about them is that they are very very basic with no frills at all in comparison to other state tourism guest houses (like HP) or private hotels


3rdly- The roads are good in the the proximity of notable hill stations but deteriorates in the other areas. Thats the irony.The views become exceedingly breathtaking as you travel in the interiors but the ride becomes excrutiatingly bone breaking.( Just a little bit of exaggeration ,if you don't mind)
Fourthly.- The people no matter how demanding they may become during holi, are helpful and cooperative.Their tips are valuable. (Be it about driving or sightseeing or flora or fauna). Though you may get irritated by someone always requesting for rides and lifts, but still can be forgiven if you think about the uphill trudges they have to make every day


Now! about the photographs. Its of Bageswar , en route to Auli. Auli was covered with snow, but Bageswar? Did you see the varied hues? The contrast? DON'T YOU FEEL LIKE VISITING IT?


Now about Goa. Hmmm! Don't you think this post has become a bit to large for your liking. Have a heart for me at least yaar!I will die of exhaustion if I continue to type anymore. I will post the rest tomorrow. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. hi mani nice post and pictures are bueatiful
    from:srinivas.gemini@gmail.com
    india

    ReplyDelete