Friday, July 24, 2009
















I was a bit upset over the turn of events in the great driving challenge. Need not say that we were kicked out. After following the activities there it dawned upon me that they want VOICES. Voices that are heard or are capable of being heard. As I don't have one here I am going tippety tap tap. But now I can concentrate properly on my

blogs for what they are. My adventure travelogues. ..... So where was I last time? Of course hotels! I had briefly described Manu Maharani Hotel Nainital! Let me add that the best thing I liked about it was the night view of the lake which is simply mesmerising to say the least.I was completely enchanted- the calm lake dotted with the numerous lights of its shore with a dim silhouette of the mountains surrounding it! Ummm!~ can you visualise it? I kept on gazing at it for almost half an hour motionlessly.Other than that the hotel has a discotheque, conference hall . bar and restaurant. the food is quite good.

Now about the photos above. those are of Naldehra Chalets. One of the costliest that we had to stay in. the duplex cottage had a tariff of around 10,000 Rs. But if you can afford it , its worth it. The cottage had a living room , a kitchenette, dining area, living room, world space radio - for the first time and a mini bar and refrigerator, TV and all.Moreover it boasted of a library, Internet a gym, a video library, indoor swimming pool. a children's play area. Normally we wouldn't have checked into such upscale properties, we are very 'middle class" in our means and taste and we are proud of it too. And like a true middle class couple we take pride in showing off our occasional indulgences. Naldehra Chalets wasn't an indulgence. It was the only way out. We had reached Naldehra late at night and as the curfew hour starts soon over there we were turned down every where. In desperation we had turned towards Chalets which was one of the few places where there was evidence of human activityat that time of the night. -The clock was showing twelve midnight at that time . We were tired and desperate- So desperate that if they had said that you can sleep in the hotel lobby or veranda For Rs 10,000 we would have still taken up the offer. But the place was awesome. A beautiful resort in a beautiful location. Just few kms from Shimla. Quiet and peaceful.Best of both the worlds! The experience was fabulous even if we stayed there for one night only.

No comments:

Post a Comment