Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goa- Post Accident

when we fell through the air I was sure I was going to die. For a moment I was stunned.I was brought to my senses when I heard Shaleen groaning by my side. Alarmed, I crawled along to his side, but he assured that he was fine. there were few bruises and scratches but other than that he was fine or so it seemed. When I was fully assured that he would be fine I suddenly became aware of my own pain. my right great toe was covered in blood and was hurting unbearably. Because of the pain I wasn't able to move my feet either. I was howling hysterically- 90% pain and 10 % hysteria.. So much that two couples on motor bike stopped by to help us out. thank the lord for the good Samaritans. they took us to the civil hospital for first aid ( no broken bones only a nasty cut)and then dropped me back at the hotel . Shaleen came later on with the bike. I was very much in despair and shock. And was weeping the whole night. In the early hours I managed to sleep a bit. Morning found shaleen in a very Sunny mood and so was the day sunny. That's one good thing about him. he is very resilient and nothing seems to put him down. there is a kind of childish enthusiasm about him. Even with a damaged bike, injured body and a limping wife he was ready to hit the road for our last day in Goa. With much trepidation I relented , partly because I hadn't shopped yet and secondly we haven't been to Calangute Beach . So with much trepidation, I ventured out. While shopping (I must add that I didn't find Goa an interesting destination for shopping) a young man came up to us and asked us whether we would like to attend a programme on a Holiday Scheme and get ourselves two free bottles of wine and a holiday voucher. I remembered last night's free disc tickets but my husband suffers from short term memory loss of unpleasant incidents and so he readily agreed to follow that man. But the ride was enjoyable .He took us through the countryside and it was one of the loveliest bike rides I ever had. Lots of green. fresh soothing green. and the fresh air. Finally we reached our destination .It was the Royal Goan Beach Club's resort in Baga beach. And God! was it grand! we were given a tour and we simply absorbed the surroundings in awe. The so called programme was a presentation by a young vivacious exec and she was selling a holiday scheme or vacation plan somewhat on the lines of Club Mahindra's 25 year plan where you buy 7days vacation per year for 25 years with lots of other benefits. After the presentation the manager came up to us and asked us if we are aware of RCI and such stuff and I honestly answered that we had been to a club mahindra presentation earlier where we had declined a membership, to which he inquired why we didn't take it up.( wait don't get puzzled! this is interesting hence detailing it).I innocently replied that we couldn't afford to pay such a big lump sum ( around two lakhs rupees) and then the manager said in quite a loud voice , loud enough for the others to hear, abit contemptuously, " Well, If you can't afford club mahindra then there is no chance you can afford us." then turning to his lackey, his highness said "just give them their freebies and let them go" We came back with our tail between the legs and the wine bottles on our hands. Did we mop about it. Well no! we were slightly embarrassed but we are such besaram creatures that we had a nice giggle throughout our return ride.From there we went to calangute. the beach was comparatively tidier than anjuna and vagator and their seemed to be some sort of activity. we wistfully looked at the others playing in the sea as we were incapacitated due to you know...After lunch in the hotel shaleen went off to repair the bike while I started packing....and then A CHILL RAN ALONG MY SPINE. THE BUS TICKETS WERE NOT THERE! I searched furiously for it but they were simply gone! I was again close to tears! What will Shaleen say? How are we going to go? here we had to check out at three and I simply lost the tickets!Ummm! how about writing the rest in my next post and letting myself have my lunch in peace now! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment